Sunday, December 10, 2006

and for dessert



I couldn't leave you without dessert. This recipe is wonderful! and very easy...(you can do it Becky!--I have faith!!!) For those of you wondering YES I did take a picture of my bread pudding. I'm a dork like that.

BREAD PUDDING
3 cups bread cubes
4 cups scalded milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Butter an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Soak bread in hot milk for five minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into the baking dish.
Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

While pudding cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large saucepan. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir 3 minutes more. Spoon over warm bread pudding.

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

I'm on it girl - LOVE bread pudding!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY - I finally get your recipe....and I'm a dork like that too: case in point, last year's Xmas ham, I'll try to HTML it in here: Well, it said that type of HTML tag is not allowed....I'll just email it to ya' ~